Friday, September 23, 2011

Mexican Fiesta

It's Mexican Fiesta night at the McCord house...actually most nights are, it's our favorite thing to eat and my favorite thing to cook!  My husband and I joke often that maybe we should pick up and move to Mexico.

Since we do eat quite a lot of Mexican food I am always looking for ways to mix it up a little. I decided this week to do shredded chicken tacos; this was so easy that I couldn't resist sharing it with you.  If you’re anything like me, then you’re always looking for ways to speed up that dinner process after a long day at work. I mean who really wants to be a slave to the kitchen after you get home from an 8+ hour day, right?

The hardest part of this dinner was the chicken and it couldn't have been easier, I make my own guacamole as well but I will share that with you at a later date.

What you need:
3 Large Chicken Breasts
1 can of Rotel Tomatoes & Green Chilies
1 package of your favorite taco seasoning
Crock-pot

What you do:

Trim your chicken breasts
Lay them flat across the bottom of your Crock-pot
Sprinkle the package of seasoning all over the chicken
Pour the can of tomatoes & chilies all over the chicken
Turn the Crock-pot on low for 6-7 hours and walk away!
Once the chicken is cooked, take two forks and shred the chicken
That's it, you’re done!

Now just serve with tortillas and your favorite taco fixing’s, Enjoy! We did!


Shredded Chicken for Tacos