Thursday, September 8, 2011

Antique Heaven

I talked one of my girlfriends into going Antiquing with me this weekend.  We grabbed some lunch at a local place and then headed to a few antique stores in downtown Bloomington.  Two things that Bloomington does not lack are local eateries and antique stores.

Our first stop was a little store that we passed on the way to lunch and decided we needed to go back after we ate.  They had a ton of old windows and apple crates sitting out front, both of which I have been on the hunt for. This place looks small but my goodness do they have tons stuff crammed in there. After looking at the crates and windows closer I decided they weren't in the best shape for what they wanted for them and passed on them.  They did have a desk (also of which I have been on the hunt for) that I have not been able to get off my mind.  I am one of those shoppers that likes to sleep on things (maybe for a couple days) before I decide if it's really the right purchase for me or not. It had the most beautiful scalloped edges and was in pretty good shape for only $30.00. A little sanding and paint and it could be perfect! Well it's been 24 hours now and I may just be taking the husband back to see if it's still there. 

Our next stop was the mother of all Bloomington Antique stores! I mean this place has shopping carts and the employees all have those little ear buds to communicate with each other. I felt like I was at the Gap only with 70 year old men working instead of trendy 20 year old something’s. Anyways, at 3 stories tall, you could spend a good 4 hours in the place if you really wanted to.  We spent about an hour oooh'ing and aaah'ing at numerous treasures. I got many ideas on things I can add to my DIY list and realized I am now on the hunt for an old high chair or little rocking chair to redo for one of my girl friends that is having a baby!

Our third stop isn't really worth mentioning and it for sure wasn't worth a picture.  Unfortunately there are some "dud" antique stores out there too.

I encourage all of you to stop in that little antique store that you drive past every day on the way to work.  You just never know what treasures you might find.

Here's to LOVE, LAUGHTER & HAPPILY ever after!!
~SCS~