Friday, October 7, 2011

You Art What You Eat

I needed something to spice up our dining area. This area needs a lot of make over and updates, like the table and the lighting fixture for example.  Those will hopefully be done soon but I decided to start small by adding something to the walls.

I took a canvas that I bought at Michaels Craft Store that was 50% off and covered it with fabric.  I found a fabric at Jo-Ann Fabric that I love (wish I would have bought more).  I used my staple gun to attach the fabric to the canvas.  I did this by starting on one side and then stapling the opposite side so that I could pull the fabric taught.  The corners can be tricky but just think of it as wrapping a present.

It should look like this when you are done!

I then took silverware that I bought at Goodwill for 10 cents each and hot glued them onto the canvas. This is where you can get creative, believe me Goodwill has some interesting silverware.
I am going to add frames around them but they weren't quite done yet, so I will give you an update when I get them hung.

The total cost for this project was $14.10
$10.00 for 2 canvas
$3.40 for fabric ( a 1/2 yard was the right amount for the size of canvas I bought)
.70 for silverware