Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Buttons & Bobby Pins

So, I will be the first to admit "My name is Sara, and I'm a Pinterest addict". I resisted joining Pinterest for a while after my sister told me about it, I didn't think I needed another "site" to join.  Well, I caved, and I'm so glad I did!  I LOVE Pinterest!

Anyhow, the point of confessing my love for Pinterest is because I realize how many people think and have the same ideas that I do.  Plus, I get so stalk other creative and talented people!  The other day I came across an idea I thought was amazing and knew I had to do it.

I have had this tub of old buttons for years now, actually they were my mom's and I had been holding on to them.  I have know idea what my mom had in mind when she bought them and I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but they were so beautiful I couldn't get rid of them.  When I saw this idea the other day it was like a light went off, all thanks to Pinterest and this blog.

I grabbed my tub of buttons and picked my favorites, that was no easy task because I loved so many of them.  I had the bobby pins already and of course my trusty hot glue gun.  After I settled on my favorite buttons I was off to create my new favorite "Button Bobby's".  Some of the buttons had large enough thread holes that I could just slip the bobby pin through the hole and then glue in place, the buttons that didn't have large openings I glued to the top of the bobby pin. 

I have worn one in my hair everyday since, I love them!!!


Picking my favorite buttons was the hardest part

My final selection

Hot glued them in place



Love them!

~SCS~